On July 19, the Divine Liturgy was held in the church of the Life-Giving Trinity in Zaraysk for the first time in almost a century of silence. The divine service was performed by the dean of the 2nd Zaraisk deanery district, rector of the temple, Priest Roman Kudelin and the dean of the 1st Zaraisk deanery district, Archpriest Peter Spiridonov. Many parishioners came to the first liturgy.
The church was built in 1776-1788 in the Baroque style on the site of a burnt-out wooden church. In 1808, a refectory with two side chapels, Nikolsky and Uspensky, was added in the classical style. During the Soviet years, the temple was closed, and a museum has been located here since 1936. It was only in 2014 that the building was returned to the church, but there were no regular services. On July 10, 2026, by decree of Metropolitan Pavel of Krutitsky and Kolomna, the Trinity Church became an independent parish, as well as the main church of the 2nd Zaraisk deanery district.
For the first time in 90 years, Divine Liturgy was celebrated in the Trinity Church of Zaraysk.
25.07.2026, 10:00
-
The Most Valuable Lesson Didn't Come from the Textbook
Tatiana Lyubomirskaya
All Authors